Preparing for Your Visit
We understand that the process of traveling for medical care can feel overwhelming. As you prepare to come to Children’s National, please know our team will be by your side to support you and your family.
What You Need to Bring for Your Visit
- Passports and valid U.S.-issued visa
- Medications, and other medical supplies for the patient and for each traveling family member
- Any necessary medical equipment, such as braces, wheelchair, nebulizer machine, etc.
- Patient’s medical records in English
- Immunization records translated into English
When scheduling your flight, please plan to arrive at least one to two days prior to your child’s initial appointment.
Washington, D.C., is served by the following three major airports:
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Reagan National Airport (DCA)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is served by the Metrorail system, shuttles to downtown Washington, D.C., and taxis. Both Baltimore-Washington and Dulles airports have ground transportation services, taxis and shuttles to downtown Washington, D.C.
Our Global Services team can help you organize transportation to and from the airport on the days of your arrival and departure.